As of CP, the French and English teachers decide to elect a class prefect. They are chosen based on good behaviour, work efforts and social integration and not necessarily by the student's grades. For a week, the prefect helps the teachers with class tasks.
In French, the program consists of :
- Learning to read using the syllabic method.
- Learning to write and copy using the cursive method.
- Learning and reciting poems
- Reading comprehension.
- Learning the structure of the language in the oral and written form
In English :
- Development of listening, dialogue.
- Acquisition wider vocabulary.
- The student begins to copy.